Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

Furby Boom's not moving much and goes to sleep after 1 minute

My daughter's Furby just started to make this cracking noise with every word it says. Also the Furby's moving very quietly and not moving back and forward (at all).

Usually when the Furby goes to sleep, it will bend forward. Also the its ears (sometimes) are not moving forward when going to sleep.

When the Furby is awake, it will last like 1 minute and its eyes will light off (and will go to sleep). It will only wake up if I shake it well.

I also noticed that will not react fast/properly when touching him.

The reset (or the change of personality mode which only went right once) won't help.

I kindly ask for help. I also speak Dutch, Spanish and Italian.

Thanx!

I have the same problem.

Have you solved the problem so far? I haven't yet.

I am having this issue too. I skinned Furby, safely without scissors like I see many using, I found out the Furby I bought used had an issue. His red wire which is attached to his tummy had come out of its socket and there was pieces of the wire still in it. Furby does not move his stomach, ears, mouth or eyes for me and powers down after a few short seconds. Fresh batteries were not the issue as the ones I used were brand new and worked in other devices. If someone can solve this problem I will be eternally grateful to get my pink, orange and blue Furby Boom up and running again.

Hi, i have the same problem and i tried also refresh button and new batteries..it is still the same, Do you have some contact to service? thanks

Same problem with Furbacca. Goes back to sleep after a minute and eyelids are half open all the time. Any ideas?

Tried new batteries, resetting playing with him continuously, nothing worked so far.,

Most Helpful Answer

Hi!

The small 6V brushless DC motor went wrong. I had the same issue.

You can replace it with one from a PC DVD reader (this is the door opener motor). Shaft is smaller but it's ok, diameter is good.

I used a disassembly instruction from here:

Disassembly

Be careful with clips, use a small screwdriver and push the fixing inner parts. With this you can avoid the damage.

You need a solder iron as well to replace electronic part from DC motor.

Now my daughter's Furby is working again!

Hi szabot79 , Do you mean that I gotta replace the small rotor theeth-wheel? From the Disassembly process, could you please tell me until which step (picture) i gotta go and where (picture from this link) I can find the rotor wheel? Thanx

Hello! I have a Furby Boom 2013, this comment is valid for this type.

You have to replace the motor itself, not rotor part, so you have to do every step above to reach motor.

Picture link for motor part.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tl_hdlvDHd8/UU...

Link for original source (russian):

http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.p...

Szabot79, How did you get the replacement motor? And what does the motor look like? Thanks!!

i know the awnser exactly, i am a furby collector and i own over 80 and the problem with your furby is that its frozen.. sadly this can't be fixed unless you take off the fur and see if the power wire is attatched properly, the little plug is in properly or to fix it you will have to add new battries, change the motor and transitors Hope this was helpful.

Hello. Do you maybe have a tutorial video for us all please? Cheers.

A good guide could help lots of Furby fans!

Hi there! I don't know much about Furbies, but I found an FAQ. I assume you tried the "refresh" button? You may also try to replace the batteries, you just need a screwdriver and 4 AA batteries.

Good luck =(

seriosly? tell how

Well... hi guys i have crystal furby and it doesn't seems well to i've try to and it works. You just need to refresh the furby and leave the old furby mind and replace a new battery. if you want to fill up your furby identity you may install on your gadget furby boom app. How to restart, below the furby (on the buttom of furby) you see small button next to the battery you press that for 3-5 sec. comment me if it works or not THX ;3

How do you do these things? Any links?

Ciro Morante will be eternally grateful.