iCloud locked I need it unlocked

Bought a phone from my friend he said his sister was selling it because she switched to a different phone. (Samsung) So when I got the phone turns out the icloud was locked and he told me she doesn't remember her password and I cant get in touch with him or her what can I do to unlock my phone?

Sell it as parts it is not possible to unlock the phone

cannot remove, sorry.

@meme King, That doesn't work!! do you know what icloud lock is btw?

Try taking it to a cell phone and if they unlock the cloud

There's No Legal way And the illegal way its Totally Prohibited in USA And Europe

There is no easy fix unless you have proper paperwork for the resale of the phone then you can be helped by the apple store. By the way its easier to deal with a second hand android phone than a second hand iPhone.If its locked in icloud its a paper wieght

Can you please link some honest services? I've seen so many mixed answers on this subject that I am wary to trust the many many services that are out there. Have you used them yourself?

There are two ways to remove the iCloud lock, one is contact Apple for help (highly RECOMMENDED!) another way is to perform a hardware exchange, the only way to use the phone is change the entire motherboard, but all your data will lost and the IMEI will also changed. This procedure requires high technic. Also, your Touch ID might not work.

I will not recommend you to "unlock" with some fee at the website, most of them are absolutely scammers, and the other way is they have built some servers to bypass the Apple viration, but this way is risky because you will not be able to update the iOS version anymore and you will lost the cellphone function(include cellular data). Your phone will be absolutely an iPod touch.

Beware or unlocking scammers on-line with fancy websites, where they post fake feedback from unreal customers. It's not possible to unlock iCloud Activation Lock unless you have correct Apple ID or official invoice from Apple Store.

If you want to know the truth about iCloud Activation Lock, read this: http://geekdummy.com/faq/how-to-bypass-i...

The IP address / DNS points the iphone to someone's private server. This will get the phone to work, but you will never be able to reset or upgrade the phone after this because highly likely the private server will either shut down or remove access. So if it does work, it is a one time only fix because any time after it will try to hit official Apple servers again, checking for the hardware match with associated iCloud accounts..

lot of smart @%^!* that don't have an honest answer on here. The only way to icloud unlock an iphone is by removing and replacing all the major memory IC chips on the logic board, then you must program them together. its a long and painfully expensive process.

Well, if is indeed your friends sister. They can email Apple and she can have them reset the password, and get into the phone and have it erased

She will need a receipt.

Here's how Apple says to fix it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

How did apple said it should be fixed

Cole click on the blue link

Something tells me it wasn't your friend if you can't get in touch with them.

You've been sold either a phone that's been stolen or lost.

Unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing you can do to remove the old iCloud. So I suggest you try and get your money back. :-)

just connect it to iTunes and rest the whole device manually using iTunes on a mac.

That only works if it was originally set up from a Mac or PC, and it only works if you use the Mac or PC that was originally used to set it up. If the sister still has the computer she was using with the iPhone, she could do that; but shai can't do that on his own.

the only way is to get previous owners icloud password etc... i purchased an iphone 6 from a secondhand retail store and phone was asking gor previous owners icloud info, i paid to try and havd this removed through icloud removal site but this failed as previous owner hadnt turned off 'find my phone'. Real pathetic Apple wouldnt resolve this even with proof of purchase :(

another day another 'icloud lock help, phone is from sister/brother/mother' ffs

apple products are secure, always have been like fort knox and thew main reason i originally purchased an iphone 3gs way back when god was a lad, i used to lose phones weekly out partying but iphones are normally always handed in to authorities etc as like someone has said they are basically paperweights without the password for icloud (keeping it simple as i know they are worth parts now days)

the only way your mate in the pub, the guy on the internet or your local repair shop has reset an apple device without the password is pure luck and good fortune - i once accidentally managed to factory reset an ipad air after months/years of telling my friends it was impossible even tho they knew 3 people who could do it or had done it

its all to do with the previous owner deregistering the device in their itunes account, turning off find my phone and/or even wiping the phone clean. obviously this means you have to connect the device to the internet which most people can't or won't do in this situation (we all know most of these posts are dealing with stolen phones/ipads) and i have known police knock on doors for recovering an iphone 4 once it went online so the system works. The main reason people deregister devices is when they are company property in my opinion (experience is pushing it slightly) they dont care they have lost a £750 ipad as it wasn't their money that bought it to begin with

shai will be eternally grateful.