The Asus X555LA is a low budget laptop that came out in May of 2015. This Intel Core i3 laptop was designed to be affordable for consumers.

SSD Chassis for Optical Drive slot?

As question title eludes to, is there a Chassis that fits this CD drive slot? I have a samsung 250g ssd that I'd like to use for my laptop but dont really know what Chassis to get.

this is am extremely thin chassis 9.5mm try something more like this,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-2nd-2-5-SATA-...

hope this helps

Most Helpful Answer

I reviewed the E-Manual for your model and there was no information listed about the size of the optical drive.

Upon doing a search on the Asus eStore using the terms internal dvd, of the several optical drives listed, each were 12.7mm.

I would recommend contacting Asus directly at verify this is the size of your optical drive. If this is the case, you may be able to order through them directly.

A search on Amazon using the terms 12.7mm ssd dvd displays multiple results that would be compatible, but I recommend verifying the dimensions before ordering.

Clint Davis will be eternally grateful.