Vodafone is a global telecommunications company based in London, England. They manufacture cellular phones in addition to operating cellular networks.

How to fix water damaged charging port?

In December I had bought a Moto G2 which I adored so much I showered with it and it fell in. I rescued it and it worked fine and everything, instead of drying it out properly I used it and put it on the charger overnight which must of fried the insides of it. RIP. Yesterday I went to the beach with my brand new Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and what happens with my luck? (or stupidity)... It falls into the ocean and gets completely drowned . Great :) I immediately turned it off and let it sit in the sun for a few hours while I swam and enjoyed a few beers. I assumed it was dry so I turned it on and everything worked fine. When I got home I left it in rice overnight and then charged it up till around 50% and I took it with me on a walk. By the time I got home I wanted to charge it some more and now its not charging past 18%. When the phone is on it wont charge at all, but when I turn it off and plug in the charger it blinks the charging light. Does this need a shop fix? Or is there something I can do myself to make it charge? Help please ! My dad can't know about this yet, I have spent $550 on new phones in one month! And there isn't a way i'll be splashing out for another one

Hey! So my friend spilled some water on my phone like two days ago and my phone actually was working pretty well... Nothing serious happened BUT today that i tried to charge it it wouldn't charge!!!! Anyone knows anything i can do

First off Rice is for cooking and wont dry anything. its a tv thing. Start by taking the phone apart.Clean ever connection with a soft toothbrush. As well clean the logic board use a 99% isopropal alcohol for all cleaning. now is the time to start drying out the phone. Set the screen in a desiccant or silica gel leave it in for several day moving it from time to time to get the max effect from the desiccant . use a blow dryer on a low heat setting to dry the rest of the phone. Only use a hair dryer once you have cleaned the phone completely with the alcohol. Do not attempt to dry the phone if its still wet with water with the blow dryer as this only spreds the water. Replace the battery with a new one consider the old ones done. a battery is never right after it gets wet. Clean again with isopropal alcohol let dry and when you think everything is clean and dry reassemble the phone (make sure to clean the contacts on the screen after removing from the desiccant). Once you've reassembled the phone its time to power it on. Hold your breath and hope for the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LMvSK2...

this shows how to get into the phone but you need to go farther and take everything apart you need to clean both sides of the motherboard. take your time when taking it apart keep your parts in order so you know where they go back to and make sure you put screws in right order .

Well... if you're not used to taking apart cell phones. I wouldn't suggest doing this yourself. Try to find a shop that does water damage cleaning. They may be able to salvage the phone, by cleaning it with 90 proof isopropyl alcohol and probably a new battery

Yvonne will be eternally grateful.