Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Can this option be upgraded by ifixit?

https://youtu.be/2bGb5AOwp44

would this affect the features of any iPhone??

what software was used?

I thought I was good with my hands but I sure can't extend a finger like that ;-)

I dunno. But it's caught my interest

thanks for the respone

Most Helpful Answer

iFixit only sells parts, they don't do repairs. However some of the volunteers that post answers are professionals. Maybe you could ask iMedic but I see he has failed to list an email or web link on his profile ;-(

thanks for the comments

This is surface mounted soldering. The new chip they use may or may not be of the same speed flash memory as the old original one. They are just replacing the memory chip in the phone with a new one and changing all the data.

How can any of us be sure it won't affect the features of your phone? It is not official and it is a risk.

Pete will be eternally grateful.