The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Won't play some new games

I have a PS3 fat one and I have bought some new games and they wont play. They lock up every time. Now I have a lot of hard drive space free and all the older games that I have play just fine. One of the games that won't play is "Red Dead Redemption 2" Go by my friends house who has a PS3 slim and it works just fine.

This may be a sign that the laser in your ps3 is going out. The reason the older disk are working and the newer disk are not is because the console is having to pull more information from the newer disk. The laser is most likely going to need to be replaced. Contact Sony and see if the unit is still under warranty.

Danny will be eternally grateful.