Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

White vertical lines and unresponsive touchscreen

Hi, I wanted to replace my rear casing, however after looking at the battery, i noticed that my adhesive strips are to short, so i couldn't pull on them to get the battery out, instead of heating up the adhesive I gave up and decided to reassemble the iphone. I plugged in the battery and reattached the screen flex cables. When I booted it up, a lot of vertical white lines appeared and the touch screen became unresponsive.

PS (it's currently on 39% charge, I haven't tried to replug the battery and I haven't tried to clean the connectors)

I was throwing books at my cousin while she had my iphone 5s and then the screen had these lines on them and then the touch screen was unresposive but everything works perfectly fine (buttons only work)

Is it the battery cables? Not the screen cables?

Tried disconnect all the cables but it still doesn't work

The white lines are a common problem is the digitizer not being connected properly. Try disconnecting your display cables. Disconnecting the battery, reconnecting the battery, then reconnecting the display connections. Make sure you hear that little "click" as you gently apply pressure to the display cables

Here's a couple guides

How to Replace Your iPhone 6 Battery

iPhone 6 Display Assembly Replacement

iPhone 6 Display Assembly Image

Guide

iPhone 6 Display Assembly Replacement

Difficulty:

Moderate

20 minutes - 1 hour

iPhone 6 Battery Image

Guide

How to Replace Your iPhone 6 Battery

Difficulty:

Moderate

15 - 45 minutes

But what could cause the touch screen to be unresponsive?

If the digitizer isn't properly connected, then you've likely damaged it

my phone still works its just the screen that has black and white lines

That's kinda weird @heathen usually that's due to digitizer damage, or lack of connectivity. I guess it doesn't matter. You'll have to swap out the whole display assembly anyways

You should never reattach the display after reconnecting the battery - this is a recipe for a short in the backlight circuit

The vertical lines were mainly caused by three reasons: bad connection between screen flex and motherboard, static charge and damaged screen IC. Check this post for full explanations: http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/how-to-...

Same problem but with my iPhone 5S.

I have this same problem. Dropped, white vertical line only on the left side of screen, touch screen unresponsive. However, in addition, I noticed that I'm still receiving text notifications from friends but their numbers instead of their contact names are displayed. Should I be worried that their is a more concerning issues than the digitizer being knocked loose? I wanted to save my pics to my computer before screwing around with my phone but I just (as in two days ago) put a lock pass code on my phone and can't get access since my touchscreen isn't working! :( The buttons on the phone are still working btw.

I have this same exact issue to a T. Did you come to a resolution? Please let me know if you get this my email is dzone5000@yahoo.com. Thanks.

My phone has the same problem. Is there a a solution?

Same for me, it fell down and i have the same problem i think we should get them fixed cause i think the screen is damaged if anyone has other solution please??

I have the same problem with my iphone 6s Khomotso@makandafinance.co.za

Was any solution found for this problem? I too have same issue...

You're not going to believe this...

I had this page open in a tab for months, while I procrastinated over opening up my iPhone 5 for the same repair. This morning, my phone fell out of my pocket, and I (get ready for this) ran it over with my car. Not only did the phone survive, but the touchscreen problem is GONE. The pressure must have fixed the loose cable contact.

Same for me on my iPhone 5, is it repairable for an iPhone 5? and not just a 6 or 6s?

Maybe this video uncover where the problem lies:

I had the same issue on my 6plus but my touch was working occasionally or sometimes when i press hard on the sides of the phone and today on 25th January It started working as i simply knocked hard on the backside of the phone(the left from back , the area behind the sim) and miraculously it started working. Try this method , Either way you have to repair it so give this method a try but dont hit it too hard . and one more thing if you hold your phone by the sides and the frint facing your face. just press it gently by the side and you'll see the vertical lines dragging below so be careful before applying any sort of pressure from the front

Wow that’s awesome

going by what’s been said here it’s the actual connector on the Logicboard the very first one at the top take a look at it,

Notice anything that doesn’t look right?

Wherever the lines are on the screen is where the problem lies in the connector!

For example if you have a thick vertical gray line going down the center from the top then the middle prong on the Logicboards connector is damaged and or missing.The same exact symptoms would occur if the same prong on the screens connector was damaged.

nikitamaximov111 will be eternally grateful.