Announced on July 2015, this is Motorola's flagship phone. It has a 21 mega pixel camera with a 5.7 inch IPS TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 making it Quad HD.

Why is there a white spot on my screen?

So my father sat repeatedly on purpose on my phone, after that I noticed a white spot on the screen. It's nothing, barely visibile, but every time I see it I feel terrible. Is the screen broken or is it something else?

White spot-> those pixel are always white, on a white screen, those are noticeable because are even whiter.

Here's some photos:

open

Thanks you for your support,

Andrea

Based on the photos it looks like there may be something pressing against the back of the LCD, causing distortion on the display. It may go away on its own, but even if it doesn't it shouldn't spread to the rest of the screen (I don't think). If you wanted to fix it, you'd have to open it up to try to remove the object pressing against the screen, but you're likely to do more damage than good, since this is fairly minor right now.

If the problem continues check back in with us and we may be able to help you fix the spot =)

Good luck!

You're absolutely right, indeed if I try to press vigorously on that spot, the screen distorts itself!

I think I'll follow your suggestion and leave it there for a while!

Thanks for the support,

Andrea

Even I have the same issue... It was on the middle of the screen on my first moto x style... Got it replaced... Then on the second one at the left to corner there is still a slight white spot if we really be able to figure that out...

If you're practice and equipped I'd say to try open it, but tell you what man, after a few weeks I don't even notice it. Just get used(ofc if you're planning to sell it, it's a different story).

Im having same issue on my new moto x style...Will it spreads eventually.. or remains there itself

No, don't worry. After a while you won't even notice it.

Andrew De will be eternally grateful.