The third iteration of the 10.1 inch Galaxy Tab tablet.

Takes forever to charge

Hi my tablet takes an awful long time to charge. If it completely dead, it's takes about 10-12 hours. Why is it doing that and how can it be fixed. It just recently started doing that about 2 months ago. I've also used different chargers in different places. Could I have damaged my tablet by using it while it charges? I can no longer do that because it still dies.

I have had this problem before with my tab. The solution for me was to replace the charging wart, which had degraded performance. Are you always charging it from the same location? If so I suggest testing this theory by charging it either with a different wall wart or charging it from a USB3 port on a computer.

What's a charging wart? 0

It is the wall plug with the USB port that you charge most devices with. It should have come with the tablet when you received it.

Most Helpful Answer

The problem is in the wire that you are charging your tab

4some reasons the voltage that are being transfer to ur tab to charge are low

If you have a better wire then maybe ur problem will be fixed

With my best wishes

Anwar

He's saying use a better charger it may not be enough output to charge it fast... You could always try an ipad "charge block" its the big thick one not the small white one the iphones and watches come with... I had the same problem it could also be a bad outlet in your wall ?? Try it in thr kitchen or bathroom just becareful of water exposure!!

I'm sorry, I have the same problem and feel like calling Samsung as all my phones are. Samsung Notes Tab e a piece of sh..... t... AT&T only had it a year, maybe. I don't have time to call AT&T tech support. Even in my car, Toyota Avalon 2007, 53,000 miles, I am starting to think maybe chargers don't last. Top it off, only use quick chargers. It is 2018, no such thing as obsolete regular, take forever to charge, chargers but cheap a.... as ASURION sent me a refurbished note 5 with the obsolete car charger. How dare them. I am going to do a review on ASURION about their cheap a..... sass... ways. When I have the %#*@ time. ASURION have sent me new phones or a new phone before as I distinctly remember it. Note 3. Same with AT&T, all refurbished and don't trust refurbished and too long story but my 1st Note 5, 64 gb.... on upgrade around 2.5 YRS ago, had fell out of my car and 20 minutes later, I realized I was missing the phone, dropped e 3 miles back towards Kalaheo, high school, why next to the school, because I always use the otterbox, it survived a car running it over, not directly but caught maybe 20% of it. Otterbox was gone. Phone intact, s pen missing, with few scratches around the frame. BUT WORKED A LOT BETTER THAN ALL THE REFURBISHED ONES I HAD and have. Did another warranty claim, as I still didn't do the transfer from phone to phone. Current Note 5 always freezes and says HROME ISN'T RESPONDING, close app, wait, or report... BS as a big delay like NOW. But I needed to know why this fu.... ckin' tab e...... Look, only 49% piece of $@$* (sorry for slang), ridiculous. Said Long story, but I did it..... All about from charging to refurbished VS new.... Thanks GANG

Chettona Hill will be eternally grateful.