Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

Ethernet Port Not Working How Can I Replace It?

The ethernet port on my Xbox 360 is not working and I haven't seen anything relating to a replacement on this site or another. I am out of warranty and can't send it back to Microsoft beause it would cost me and arm and a leg. Any suggestions out there?

I have repaired a few "Red Rings Of Death and,unfortunately, the ethernet port is part of the Main Board and is not easily replaced. I would go with a wireless network adapter if you are not willing to have it professionally repaired.

It is not the ethernet port itself...but the chip that governs the ethernet port...probably was hit by a surge (ie electrical storm)

Buy an USB ethernet adapter, it'e pretty cheap, a little bit slower than the Ethernet port itself but it is an easy and quick solution.

Jeff Borges will be eternally grateful.