Also known as EOS 600D and released in March 2011, this camera can be identified by its SKU (SKU:5169BO32). This camera is a Canon Digital SLR with 18 megapixels.

Replacing internal backup battery of Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera

I am trying to change internal backup-batter of my Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera. As of now I cant believe that there is no documentation or any information available on internet. I am looking forward to do this thing myself.

You cannot change the internal back-up battery of this camera, because it does not have one.

The camera's real-time clock and settings memory are powered by the same battery that powers the camera. A capacitor is used for backup so date/time and settings are retained for a while when the battery is removed from the camera.

See the user manual, p. 34.

@flyingdutchman Thanks for your comments.

Till date my date and time was saved when ever I used to remove main battery for charging. But now when ever I remove this battery I loose date and time and I have to set it correctly again.

I called Canon and they said they will charge $300 to change the internal battery.

I am not willing to spend $300 on such a small task.

This is what I bought from amazon.

Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MN0...

@ashuji2

It looks like either the backup capacitor has died (which is not user replaceable because it's soldered in) or the clock/memory circuit developed a problem resulting in increased power drain (sometimes this happens).

In either case, this is not something you can solve yourself unless you have advanced troubleshooting and repair skills, the latter case might involve replacing an entire board.

ashuji2 will be eternally grateful.