My pointer is stuck to a specific point.

ASUS Touch Screen

I'm having issues with my touch screen this started yesterday and I haven't been able to fix it.

I use a mouse with my touch screen and have a second screen connected as an extended display my pointer is stuck to a specific point on the screen and with only move when I move the mouse but if I'm not moving the mouse it will lock back to that point which results in my pointer constantly flashing while doing anything the computer doesn't register it being at that point either I can stop moving the mouse and click on that point although it says the pointer is locked in place.

When I attempt to use the touch screen it wont move the pointer nor will it accept that I'm actually touching it instead it clicks at seemingly random points in time.

If there is a way to disable the touch screen and that be the only way to fix this issue I will do it.

I have trying restarting the computer several times as well.

Most Helpful Answer

A quick few questions if I may. #

1. Make/model of the PC is connected to?

2. Also have you looked into the settings for touch-enabled devices to make sure it's not a setting that is locking it in place (you may want to hover your mouse over the system tray to see if there's an icon for the device).

3. Also, what operating system are you using this screen with Windows (7/8/8.1/10)? OSX(version)? Linux (what distro)?

If you are using Windows:

Disabling touch options.

To resolve the issue, I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

a. Right click on Start.

b. Click on Control Panel.

c. Navigate to Hardware and Sound and then Pen and Touch.

d. In the Pen and Touch dialog, switch to Touch tab.

e. Here, disable Use your finger as an input device option. Tap or click ''Apply ''button.

Let me know if this helps or not. And provide some more information if you can when/if this does/does not help.

Troy will be eternally grateful.