Installed new rear camera but it's still not working!?

I followed the guide from ifixit to install a new rear camera after a minor fall crack the edge of the screen and the camera no longer functioned, but after a new camera and a new battery the problem persists!

The front camera works fine.

The rear camera is black. The flash does not function. There is a caution "overheating - wait for battery to cool" warning and the battery does overheat quite easily.

I have checked all the connections which seem fine, and not sure how to diagnose.

Help please!?

If the battery is heating when this device is functioning then there's a short . When you installed the camera was there some sort of installation between the care and the camera or insulation at the connectors. There is a short probably against the care

I think you mean case right, the aluminum body? I will reconnect all today but it all snapped into place fine before. I wondered if the camera was bad.

I have a multimeter. Can I check for a short on the case somehow? Is there a fix or would it require soldering?

Try the soft reset or resetting the settings. It should work for you.

dylanemcfarlane will be eternally grateful.