Model A1502 / 2.6 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz) or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz) dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with 4MB shared L3 cache.

After replacing UEFI BIOS chip does not start the installation.

Hello, I replace the BIOS chip because my client don't remember the EFI password and now with the new BIOS doesn't start the installation. The computer is too low. I put a new installation finished in USB hard disc and start but in a few seconds only appears the Apple logo and don't do anything. I replace with two BIOS and do the same. The apple test appears GOOD. Please help me. Thanks.

if you got that far, sounds like you just need to do a normal system restore, use the WIFI to download the OS and let it install the latest update on to that imac, but before doing this , you might want to go to disk utilities and ERASE your entire SDD or HDD so it can be a CLEAN fresh install ...

Failed bios chip install. This is a VERY delicate procedure and if not done with the absolute correct tools you can lose USB boot-ability, CPU gets iverheated, tons of weird stuff. Send it to a pro who dies this for a living. Each bios is flashed based in the machines HASH code....

All your customer needed to do was call Apple and get it re-set. Why didn't you tell him to do that?

That’s a great answer if he asked what his options were prior to doing the bios chip. If you’re going to take the time to write an answer, awesome! If you’re going to write something irrelevant to the question, nobody wants to take the time to read it so don’t.

Alex, this is an open forum, please feel free to write a better answer. I also have problems with the integrity for this type of repair.

With all due respect, you didn't write an answer to his question. You wrote your comment based off your opinion of an assumption you've made. I fully understand why you said it but with as little information as was given, in regards to the reasoning behind the decision to do so, your comment reads as very condescending and more so just rude. Also, I know this is an open forum but it's a forum to help people not to belittle them.

Are you using a Bios chip from another board? If so it won't ever work right you need to find a service that reprograms a new chip with a Clean ME region if you did buy the chip from from a seller and it's running like that it was not properly programmed. You also need to install with clean wiped hard drive otherwise your pairing the EFI lock again.

hi, what if we tried with new bios chip but imac will not power on, does this mean bios chip is faulty ? also what if the new bios chip is installed with old hard drive cant i get to restore ? or disk utilities without it EFI locking with the same old code .... HELP PLEASE !

carbo2022 will be eternally grateful.