Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Upgrading my 2007 iMac

Hello there,

.

I would like to make my iMac jaw dropping fast, and right now it is slow as a snail. Yes, I know it will never be fast as a new one, but hopefully faster that it is at the moment.

.

I hope you can answer my question. I have an oooold iMac, medio 2007, Intel 20" EMC 2133.

.

RAM: (1GB + 1GB) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

.

Is it PC 5300 or PC 6400 I should buy?

.

And what setup wold you recommend? (1GB + 2GB), (1GB + 4GB), (2GB + 2GB) or (2GB + 4GB)?

.

Thanks,

Mikkel

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Max the RAM out at 6 GB. Install a SSD drive. Clean the dirt out of it.

As Mayer says, 6GB (2GB + 4GB); 667GHz RAM is DDR2-PC5300. Maxing out the RAM and installing a SATA II (3Gbps) solid-state drive is pretty much the limit of what you can do with an iMac of this age.

Thank you very much Mayer for the quick answer. I hope you will help me one more time. I'm not sure which SATA II (3Gbps) SSD I should buy. Yes, I know - but I'm pretty new to this, so I hope you can forgive me... Could you link me to the right one? 1 og 2 TB is more than fine.

All the best, Mikkel

Here's are the drives that OWC recommend for your machine: http://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Upgrades...

1 TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Hard Drive

mipedersen will be eternally grateful.