Phone won't charge with new lightning connector and new battery.

Iphone 5 had a bad lightning connector, would not charge battery. I ordered a new lightning connector and a new battery. I followed the instructions from the web site and it worked for about three days. I charged it to 100% then shut it off. Two days later it will not power up and won't charge.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Hard to say. It's possible that one, or even possibly both, of these parts just wasn't in good quality. I would try getting them swapped out, maybe even one at a time, t try and figure out the problem

john Bannan will be eternally grateful.