The first iteration of Studio Beats headphones were manufactured by Monster in 2008. They are available in a large variety of colors. Screwdrivers, plastic opening tools, and possibly a soldering kit may be required for repair of this device.

Why is there a loud squealing noise from the left speaker

But when I hold the mute button down it stops and then when I turn them off it goes away

Most Helpful Answer

I found a solution that works for me, turn of noise cancelling. To do this (If you have studio 3’s (mine) or solo’s) double click the button on the bottom right side of the head-set. The sound goes away for me

Thank you so much man

I've had the same problem with Executives. Beats are junk.

Could be a loose cable or solder point.

Is replace the bad speaker. (Req soldering)

So my main question is do I keep them or junk them ? Part them out possible or is that even a waste of $300 aslo!?!?

If you can solder and are willing to get them to work again, you should keep them and get a new speaker from eBay. If you don't harness the skills, then I would sell them for parts and get it over with. They are old and aren't worth much however.

I have the same problem and I am taking them apart at the moment, my conclusion is that these are how the headphones were designed and is a flaw in beats attempt to make these headphones “noise cancelling”.

Matt overly will be eternally grateful.