TomTom global positioning device. released in November 2010. it has a six inch touch screen and a black sleek design.

Won't connect to computer

Seems to be problem within the tom tom that the computers do not recognize it. Have had their people remotely work and find all seems to be well in the computer. I am on Windows 10 - also tried it on older "Vista" operating computer and same thing. Is there someone out there (hopefully in central Florida) that has the ability to fix/refurbish the device for me?

I just now got this problem fixed on my laptop that runs Windows 10. When I first got the Tom Tom, it had me install TomTomHome NOT MyDrive Connect. So, I've searched and searched for the answer to finding the drivers and resetting and restarting and can't you just take my firstborn child or my right arm or should I just sell my soul, or what?

After much frustration and hair pulling, I decided that since I could not find a version of MyDrive Connect that is listed with the Via 1605, that I would download a version of MyDrive for the Via that looked most like mine (Go to https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-con........ Scroll until you see Download for MAC or PC...Download and install) . Instant fix. Where it would absolutely not be recognized by the TomTom HOME app, it immediately recognized the device, even though it was listed as a program for other TomToms but not mine.

Hope that helps!

Edward Ornoff will be eternally grateful.