Released in October of 2014. This model, SM-G530H/DV Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, comes in a White, Gray, or Gold casing.

My Phone Won't Charge

Hello! I kinda need help, my phone wont charge correctly and I can't find a solution. Last night I plugged my phone in to charge it (Note: it was at 3%) and it showed the charging icon and so I went to bed, well when I woke up the next morning my phone was still at 3% it says my phone is charging and I tried restarting it and taking the battery out, but to no prevail. Any help is appreciated Thank you.

Thanks for your question.

Sorry for your troubles.

From what you are describing, it soukds like your battery may be the reason for your problems.

Because you are getting the charging icon when you connect the charger, the usb cord, charging block and charge port seem to be working.

What isn't happening is the battery is not taking the charge that the cable and block and charge port are giving it.

The first and cheapest way to test a solution is to replace your battery. Make sure the new battery is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) one. If someone suggests something else other than a Samsung battery, tell them to shove off.

I just checked prices and a new battery shouldnt be more that 20 to 30 bucks.

If the issue pursists then seek out a trusted cellphone repair professional for power issues. Those, for the most part, are straightforward repairs.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

My grand prime is less than 8 months old. Why should I have to pay for a new battery. The battery heats up too much.

the posting of January 6th is MISLEADING. The dude is wrong. There are known issue with Grand Prime which Samsung won't admit. You have to re-heat U420 and U421 chips which are located under CPU. If that doesn't work the chips have to be replaced. The best way is to get rid of this lousy model and get something decent.

I have problem with.my samsung galaxy grand prime. I accidentally fell it and now don't start even I change the battery. They said it's a motor. If it's true where I can buy and how much

I have my own issue grand prime too. It won't charge when off and does not recognize PC.

i have Galaxy grand prime plus . when i connect charger it starts charging for 5 to 10 seconds then it is disconnected by itself. screen start blinking due to connect and disconnect of charger. charger and data cable is absolutely fine. kindly suggest me solution ?

Leo Boss will be eternally grateful.