This instant camera from Fujifilm now boasts a slimmer and lighter body than previous revisions. The Mini 8 helps the photographer by alerting them the recommended aperture. It also has a High-Key flash mode which helps the photographer attain soft portraits for a stunning look.

Four pieces came off the camera when it fell off the shelf...

4 pieces came off - the round plastic piece around the lens, some bracket under that and I think the 2 shutters that go over the lens.....how do we put these back on? it looks like it should be simple?

Most Helpful Answer

I just had the same thing happen, and I think I fixed it! The two little black pieces cover the lens when not in use. There are little holes at 12:00 and 6:00 (as if you are looking at a clock). The little black pieces have notches that fit in the holes, and the two pieces fit together like puzzle pieces (almost like a yin/yang symbol). The larger black piece that is more square sort of snaps in over top of those. There are guide holes. Then the lens part snaps back on. You might have to fiddle with it to get those two small pieces to fit, but it should work. Good luck!

Thank you, I dropped my daughter's camera and your post help a lot.

Sorry, I cannot get the square part to fit, can you hel me??

Is there anywhere I can buy new lens covers? Mine broke

thank you sooooo much!!! this helped A LOT!!!!!!!!

Thank you! i just hit my friends camera out of their hand when i went in for a hug--this saved me $100 and my testies

Wow! Just dropped my daughter's camera, exact same problem. Got the first two pieces on...they open and close as the lens goes up and down, so I know I'm on the right track. Thank you for your help!!!

Actually, just got it. The two shutter pieces open and close as the lens goes in and out. There in an "innie" and an "outie" on those. The larger piece fits over them and holds them in place. Very helpful post, thanks again!

MY fell but when I try to take the picture it won't take

This also happened to me and I put it back together but now it won't work, was yours fully functional after?

Yes, it works normally now. Though the lens part periodically pops off, so I have to press it back on. But it functions the same.

have you made sure that the batteries are put in correctly? It feels stupid to say but that was my problem after putting it back together

My close up lense won't fit into my camera and the first time I tried it, it worked fine, but I took it out and now doesn't fit.

what happen if one of the holes are broken

The back black piece around the lenses was loose and I ended up losing it after some time. In order to solve that, I am 3D modeling that piece and will print out soon. Even though it is still not possible for me to print out the notches (they are two tiny, and I couldn't find any disasembled piece to copy) I hope it will work out and prevent from dust get inside of the camera. If someone is willing to help me (with pictures/ dimensions of the isolated piece) I'd be more than happy to share my 3d files :)

I don't remember dropping mine at all but when I went to use it the black part around the view finder was completely gone!!! I just got it, and I can't find where I can order the missing peice!!!! Can anyone help me???

Hi Ash, as I mentioned on the previous post, I 3D modeled that part. Despite that I haven't test it yet (a friend just printed it and it is on its way) I could send you the file if that would help you. Let me know!

How can I fix my lens if there broken

Joanmary Lavitz will be eternally grateful.