Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

brown connector, holding the battery cable, came off from logic board

i had a very great problem with my iPod video 30 GB, and i hope that someone can help me.

I tried to open it, but I wasn't careful of use a small opening tool to slide up the brown connector holding the orange battery ribbon cable in place;

so brown and gray connector came off with battery ribbon and was unplugged from logic board

my only question is:

can i repair it?

Well, if you are really confident in your soldering abilities, you could attempt to re-solder the connector back onto the logic board. Otherwise, I think a new logic board is in order. It's a very frustrating situation you are in, one I have been in myself before. Here is the guide, and here is the part.

but what did you do???

Well, i mistakenly used the incorrect tool to lift the brown tab up, and broke off the entire connector. I haven't yet replaced the logic board, but that will be the necessary next step.

ok ..good look

you can buy the part you need at the following link

+great find, even so it's an old question...super research

john will be eternally grateful.