Repair guides and teardowns for many Android Samsung cell phones, old and new, including the popular Galaxy product line.

Why is the screen clicking itself?

Bottom of my screen stops working most of the time that most buttons that appear around the area become inactive - i have to rotate the screen to landscape just to use these buttons. Occasionally the screen would also start to click things randomly without any touch from me. I'm confused and not really sure if it's software or hardware related, i tried hard reset but it didn't help. The rest of the screen is fine and I've done the screen test which shows the problem is only at the bottom.

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like you've got a lingering issue with the Digitizer (touch panel) on your device.

Given that both issues: 1) The dead spot at the bottom of the screen, and 2) the 'ghost touches' you're experiencing, are Digitizer related, replacing your screen should do the trick.

Unfortunately, Samsung devices tend to have the LCD/Digitizer and Glass all fused together, making a screen repair more costly and/or difficult.

Samsung phones are usually easier to separate the LCD and digitizer...

I meant 'easier' as in other devices without fused displays and separate glass/digitizer layer being much easier than Samsung Glass-only, especially if he's not a technician.

The phone works just fine most of the time but the problem can be a pain so I'm contemplating taking it to a pro for the screen change. Thanks for the info will update soon as I get it fixed.

Gilbert Alando will be eternally grateful.