The Satellite C660 series offers efficient processing, high storage capacity and a DVD Super Multi Drive for watching DVDs. A 39.6cm (15.6“) Toshiba TruBrite® HD widescreen with LED backlighting.

powers up for 10 seconds then shuts off?

Laptop powers up with a blank screen. I can hear the fan going. Then it shuts off. All within 10 to 15 seconds.

Satellite laptop L670 powers up with a blank screen using the power adapter cord only, it will not power up with the battery. I hear the fan running and after 10 to 15 seconds it shuts down. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

It sounds like this could be a overheating issue, in many computers if a processor reaches a certain temp they will automatically power off. I would clean out any dust build up you may have as a first step. Have you had any previous overheating or random shutoffs?

Sounds like you're issue may be hardware based. Maybe the graphics processor unit or an issue having to do with power.

Good place to start is to see if the issue is power related. Disconnect the power adapter and try to boot up the laptop with just the battery. See if issue pursists. Then disconnect the battery from the laptop and set it asside and boot up with just the power adapter plugged in. See if issue pursists.

This is a good place to start when you're having power issues with a laptop. The test is to see if you're issue is comming from the power adapter or your battery OR the laptop itself.

Would like to know what you find.

Good luck.

Thank you for your help and concern. After posting my question I did more research on the problem. I discovered that by removing the battery and charger, and pressing on the power botton for 30 seconds will release static electricity. I tried this, and to my surprise it worked. Crazy but true. Now its running great. Static electricity stuck in my laptop. Ha! Thanks again.

Nice!

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Happy computing.

Carlos Gardea will be eternally grateful.