Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

How do I turn on panel ligh?

My microwave (GE JVM3160RF2SS) works but I can't get the panel to light up and don't see a switch.

Any ideas?

not talking about surface light talking about the control panel light so i can see the buttons to push have to turn kitchen lights on high to use this product

I have the same problem and I have talked to numerous GE people and they have no solution to the problem. Their only response is basically that is the way it is. I'm not happy with their response. They should provide a solution.

Obviously, flawed design by the same person that fashioned the Titanic

Totally agree. Microwave looks nice and is running well BUT is extremely hard to operate when you can't see the display.

Panel display impossible to see . My last GE product.

Their stock price reflects the company downward spiral.

There is a button on the control panel, according to the user guide for your model, called Surface Light. Press once for a bright light, twice for a night light and then a third time to turn it off. Here is a link to the user guide, scroll to page 18. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdir...

If you are talking about the interior light in the oven, this comes on when the oven starts and you should be able, with the oven unplugged, to safely remove and replace it. Here is the link for the lamp, scroll down to No.158 Microwave Light Bulb Incandescent 30W GE Part no.WB23X10029

https://www.geapplianceparts.com/store/p...

I think the concern was the same as mine. Talking about a light for control panel. I have to use a flashlight to see the settings. Big fail!

Big Fail is right - no light on the control panel is ridiculous!

Bill fail is an understatement

I am visiting my sister who has a GE Model PVM9215SKISS, purchased in March 2017. She has the same annoying issue, that you can hardly see the control panel buttons, unless you turn the ceiling light on or use a flashlight. How difficult would it be for the manufacture to include a backlit display?

I have the same problem. I can't imagine that they made a panel that you can't see. I have called the store, GE and talked with numerous people and they don't recognize it as a problem. Very frustrating

GE off my list for any other product.

jeff carlton will be eternally grateful.