Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Is it possible to replace a broken fan connector?

I was trying to replace my fan on my MacBook pro 13" late 2012 and accidentally ripped off the connector for the fan to the computer. Is it possible for me to buy a new connector and connect it myself?

Yes you can get them on ebay for 5 bucks . If you don't have solder iron or skills, well then get one! And practice on a old motherboard to get the feel . Buy 2 connectors , the connectors are plastic so be careful not to be on them long with the iron , it won't do anything but melt the connector and you have to clean your iron , so be quick with solder to the pads.

Thank you!! the fan will still turn on with the computer? I'm just a little confused how the new connector will receive power given I ripped the old one off.

Are you missing any of the 4 solder pads that the connector ripped off of ?

If not you just solder the connections onto the solder pads. Let me put it like this regards to the receiving power. If you took and pulled the connector off the fan wires and soldered them directly to pads without the connector they would still work given the solder pads where still intact and ...even if they were'nt you could still run a jump wire to it's next power point.

Oh okay that makes perfect sense! The four solder pads are still there. I would upload pictures but it seems I can't on safari mobile. Thank you so much!

James A will be eternally grateful.