Device Page for Breville Dual Boiler BES900 - BES900XL encompassing repair guides and troubleshooting help.

Why is my steam wand leaking

Hi all I have a Breville dual boiler bes900 and my steam wand just keeps letting steam out when the machine is at temp every thing else is working fine

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

I found this link with a fix. Just not sure where to get the Orings.

Steam wand leaking. Not enough pressure for a good shot!!

This answer is for a Barista model, not a Dual Boiler. There is no stop adjustment and the valve is completely different for the Dual Boiler model.

Mine is leaking water rather than steam. But maybe a water leak comes from the same root cause? I determined that the plastic handle has worn and the steam control lever now moves beyond the valve's fully closed position to a position which is partially open. So if you back up the lever a few degrees it might stop the flow.

I have yet to figure out if there is a way to replace the plastic lever/handle piece.

I have the same problem (water / steam leak). My lever is fine. I am just not sure if it’s an o-ring issue or a valve-issue in my case. I have replace o-rings many times with substitutes but the steam wand o-ring, at least one of them, is very difficult to reach/replace from inside the machine. Any suggestions are welcome.

scott will be eternally grateful.