Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Wifi not working; liquid damage, $755 repair?

Went to an Apple Store today, appt was around 5:30 & the workers behind the counter seemed in a rush to leave.

One of the Genius Bar employees take my Mac to the back, allegedly opened it up & came back to tell me that it suffered liquid damage which is the reason why my wifi isn't working.

Says its cost a minimum of $755 to fix & didn't specify what needs to be fixed

I let my little sister use the Mac and she claims she didn't spill anything on it. I know that the day it started acting up it did fall off my bed and I picked it up everything seemed fine until later that day the Internet moved slow and when I rebooted it there was no working wifi.

Is there any parts that you all reccomended I change? The apple guy didn't explain much to me.

The thing is, aside from the "wifi no hardware installed" the Mac works PERFECTLY fine

Is this consistent with the BIG water damaged that this guy was implying?

Pls help!

You could try giving a clean up around parts that looked damaged with some of the cleanup guides here on ifixit use 91% isopropyl if you can't get 99%. After it's clean you could take a chance on getting another Airport card , all this is no guarantee except- Getting a external Wifi card and turning off your Airport card or simply removing it.

crmblyc will be eternally grateful.