The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

Battery solder pad came off - How do I fix this?

A friend of mine did a bad job of soldering the new battery in.

In troubleshooting, I found that the solder pad on the circuit board for the white battery lead is missing.

How do I fix this?

As in the contact it solders down to on the board, or the solder that was originally holding it down? I de-solder those contacts, tin the wires on the battery well, then re-attach them using the fresh solder on the wires. This makes for a small new clean connection with little chance of a short.

I desoldered and re-tinned (fresh solder) the battery leads successfully. I also desoldered and re-tinned the solder pads on the circuit board for the red and black wires successfully.

The problem is the copper pad on the circuit board for the white wire is missing completely.

My friend must have yanked the wire off before the solder was liquefied? I'm not sure.

Where the solder pad should be there is a brown mark and no copper pad underneath (I gently scraped with a burnishing tool to check).

That happened to me too. All you need to do is scrape the board where the contact is. Scrape slow with a knife to remove paint or whatever that green stuff is. :) Then you'll see the contact spot. Remove enough so that you have room to add a good solder. (use flux) when your done add some hot glue over connections to add stability.

do you scrape away the copper dot at the top, of do you stop before it?

Don't scrape the copper off. That is what you need to solder to.

Aud1073cH will be eternally grateful.