Support for gas-powered and electric golf cart, sometimes referred to as golf cars, or club cars after the Club Car Golf Cart brand.

My cart won't run

My 92 club car gas cart runs great until u stop then it will not crank back up til it sits while.I changed plug .carb.at a stopping point. Seems like if the coil is getting hot it would die when it got hot but I run it 2 hours non stop and it will not quit.it's when u stop it won't restart.I've rum it 15 min or 2 hours it's the same ether way.any input would be greatly apreciated...

I am thinking the starter and maybe the solenoid switch too must get hot. That will not matter as long as it turns fast enough to start. This sounds a little like a vapor lock. Will it start if you remove the air filter? The gas line, does it have a pump and/or a filter. If you were trying to start a partly clodded fuel line. After the fuel line sits fuel would dran to the carburetor and pool in the carburetor. After it starts the suction would keep it running till the engine cuts off and you lose vacuum. Then the line would have to dran fuel past the partial stoppage till it can get enough fuel to the carburetor to start. This is just a guest mine you, but you may want to blow out the fuel line and change any filter then check the pump if any.

Let me know what happen.

Jim

engine miss and its sluggish doesn't seem to be getting enough gas

Marquitamarquita

What type engine? Number of Cylinders, if you know and type of fuel?

Ok I have a 99 club car 350d single cylinder..

Problem is.. Runs Rough full throttle.. Spits And runs like crap, back firing..

Runs ok with just a little gas.. but it's starts spitting and popping when you give it more gas.. I have a new coil, carb, fuel lines filters, spark plug, air filter,oil .. I've done replaced everything I can think off.. To a single cylinder engine I can..

I haven't pull the flywheel yet, I had some tell me about a aluminum key that can break or bend.. Goes on the crank to the flywheel.. Can throw the timing off just a little..,

I'm just wondering if I have a bad engine.. It's has been over reved by the previous owner..

It was running fine .. Just one ride and it started running rough.. I'm just looking to see what steps I should take from here to test..,because I'm lost..

Any and all comments much appreciated ..

bryan franklin will be eternally grateful.