A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 won't turn on (No light or Beep)

I have had my PlayStation4 since release and just recently it started to give me issues. The PS4 is connected to a working power socket and plug in correctly, however I can't get the PS4 to respond (turn on) in anyway. It won't turn on at all, I get no light or beep like others have. The PS4 won't turn on for the Controller or Disk input. Noting out of the norm changed so I don't understand what would have caused this. No falls, no power outages, no over heating. Any ideas? can this even be fixed?

I also have the same exact problem an I got my game Gta 5 stuck inside

i have the same problem. i changed the power supply and it did not fix it. when i put in the plug i notice that there is like a winding sound. checked if it was the hard drive but it was that not that either. so now im wondering if something on the mother board is not working for it to not even turn on .

I can tell uhow to get the game out of the ps4

I'm having the same problem with mine as well except the eject button beeps but nothing happens. The power button is completely unresponsive and I've tried to unplug it for a few minutes and nothing changes. I have it plugged into a surge protector that is supplying power to 3 other consoles when turned on. So I have power. I don't know own what's going on. Any help??

my wwe 2k16 stuck inside there

I would suspect a power supply issue. If your house has any cockroaches in it then they likely live right inside the power supply. They will cause the power supply to go out. Even if you don't this is still likely your problem.

I hope this helps.

I thought that was the problem originally but when I bought a new one it turned on and it shut itself off like the other one and they both had a game in it luckily the second one was already being ejected so I got my game back but there's a good chance it's not a power supply issue.

Your original question said that there was no response at all (no lights, no beeps, etc.). If your console turns on then back off then it's highly unlikely that it's a power supply problem.

So if the cockroaches affected the power supply what then? How will I know, what should I do. I cannot open it because of the warrante

If there are cockroaches in it then you have no warranty. Sony won't touch any console that has insects in it.

How do you get them out?

Had this problem, tried unplugging and replugging all sorts of things, read through more comments, saw the one about dust, thought "that's dumb, could it really make the whole ps4 unresponsive". Yes, my friends, it can. Blew the !&&* out of all the ports and it turned on. Learned lesson. Don't rule out the dust.

So you think just clean the dust?

Wow you're a lifesaver did just that and it started working again

MINES HAVENT and i tried

Do manual eject if there is a disk. Clean out all dust (vacuum external parts and clean with a paper towel. Pop off half the cover and blow into covered part to remove as much dust as possible and wipe down visible dust (all when unplugged). Recover and plug in to direct outlet.

The same exact thing happened to me. No joke, seriously just try hitting the top of the ps4 like twice a little hard but not that hard to cause it to break or anything. It worked for me and I tried looking for a way to fix it on the Internet but it just talked about the "Blue light of Death" and that's not what I have. I found no other solution and I tried everything but sometimes consoles and other electronic devices need "a little hit" to work.

BRO YOU REALL WERE NOT JOKING. Do "light tap" please don't smack your ps4.

This 100% worked lol the power just went out for like a second at my house while I was watching Netflix on my PS4 and it would beep, but wouldn't turn on. I unplugged it, took the power cord out, re set the power strip it was on and nothing...then I lightly but firmly tapped the top 3 times and it turned on! Haha

I just lightly smacked the $@$* outta mine and nothin happened

Oh, WOW! I just blew really hard into the ports and tried it.....it started right up! Thank you!!

I had the same issue, no lights, no beeps, just bricked. I ended up sending it back to Sony to get it replaced, and had to pay $150. They sent it back good as new though, and it still has my data on the drive, so I guess it worked out. And I know they don't fix anything with insects in it, so there must not have been insects in mine. They gave me no explanation of what was wrong unfortunately...

Did your system have a game in it??

Yes it died and now it only turns the loght on and beeps

I had this problem today, i was in a trip and i had to get my power and hdmi cable there cause my friend had the ps4 and forgotten the cables. So i returned and just plugged my ps4 to power as it was before. The ps4 did not turned on at all then i had realized that the power cable (the original cable in the ps4 box when you buy it) is a little loose at the connection point to the console so you have to push it hard and it will just connect (my ps4 is region 2 so the cable is not the fancy region one cable that is made just for ps4 and its a little kind of bad cable. While playing my friend had this problem too its not just when you disconnect it from the power supply

I hope this help you guys

I did it and it worked. Thanks!

The power supply provides permanent +5V on its small connector. This +5V is used to power the components responsible for supervizing the power button and giving back the info to the PSU (Power Supply Unit).

When you touch the power button, the PSU is activated and provides +12V on the giant 2 leg connector.

In your case, it seems that the +5V is not produced by the PSU - or - the components powered by the +5V are malfunctionning.

I would first dismantle the PS4 (assuming the Eject button is not responding either), check the +5V with a multimeter, then check for any fuse on the motherboard.

If you find a blown-up fuse, please, please, do not bridge it or you'll fry the motherboard, just report it here and we'll see from there.

Maybe you should show them where the fuses are to check.

yes where would the fuses be?

Ha ha ha, there are none on the mobo

Can anyone help me please?When I tried to turn on my ps4 its just no beep or light

Mine doesnt turn on thers no beep or light only darkness in it and i tried everything to turn it back on

I have had issues with my ps4 randomly ejecting discs then it led up to this. I have found that somehow the part that covers the hard drive is squeezing onto the hdd and disc compartment too tightly and it's confusing the ps4. So that means it will keep trying to get the disc out to prevent damage or just not turn on in risk of the disk motion doing rubing or hitting something. I found that if you just take the cover off of your ps4 (the one that just pulls off to show the hdd) that it works flawlessly without further issues. I have done multiple tests trying to figure this out because I kind of like figuring the's kind of things out and more importantly I like my ps4. So just try that and see if it works. It's something with how it's clipped onto the area with the power/eject bottons combined with the added pressure (even as slight as it may be) messes with the intrenal enough to where the ps4 will think something is wrong. I hope this works for anyone having this issue. Happy gaming!

Same problem. Unplugged everything from the back of the PS4, let it sit for a few mins, hooked everything back up and it's been working ever since.

I'm trying everything it did get wet and its not coming on or beeping

Ulpug the power cord and everything else then hold the power with it unplugged on the console it should beep once and plug everything back in and it should work

I had the same problem. I was playing and it just kept turning off. no light no sound just all of a sudden a black screen and I was cluless. I cannot see how the HDMI could stop post maybe when it's turning on but never stopping it all together. So i waited, I unplugged everything, got a cotton bud and got as much dust out as possible from the intakes and let it stand for a few minutes. It was warm to the touch but nothing worrying. So I turned it on...nothing. I had a radio sitting next to me that ran odd DC and that worked with the power supply so I knew it wasn't that or the socket. So then I went to move the socket and as easy as it could be The PS4 socket was no more than a mm out. So I pushed it in and...boom it worked. So just go through the basics first before you take it down to its individual components.

I had the same problem most likely one or more of your components in the power supply short circuit and burned out unless you know how to fix components yourself, your best solution is to take it to a game store so they can repair it. It costed me $250 to get it fixed and it took almost 2 months at a crappy game store but it was all worth it. When I plugged in my ps4 I had realized that the HDMI port I had the ps4 connected at the time had burned out too so know I only have one HDMI port

I did vacuumed the dust around it and inside the two holes in the cable. It worked right away.

i had the same problem and just unpluged it pick it up blew out the disk drive and the back vents with my lungs plugged it back in and its now working so im guessing it may have been a little dusty on the inside

Make sure your surge protector or power strip is on people.

Have had this happen to my PS4 multiple times and fixed it every time by: unplugging the HDMI cable from the PS4, keeping the HDMI unplugged, powering on the PS4 and replugging the HDMI cable to the PS4. Have no idea why or how it fixes the issue, but it does (at least for me).

I faced this problem today. I changed the sockets multiple times, checked for solutions on google but it was no good. My PS4 would not turn on, there would be a beep only when i pressed the eject button. When all hope was lost and I was planning to get it repaired, I brought a disk near the area where you insert it. The disk did not go inside, but the console came to life! So try to put any disk in the console and I hope it will work because it worked for me

Try moving the ps4 to a sifferent location and plug in the power cord there

Hi guys just faced an issue with my PS4 it was the dust all along my PS4 would make the power noise but nothing would happen so I looked on the internet and it was the dust that was the issue I got my friend to get a garden blower and sucked all the dust out from everywhere and heaps of dust came out then I went to put the power back on and came back on just fine. Thanks

My son and I were playing and the system went black, nothing, nowhere. (I had changed the power supply before with no luck and ended up reballing the chips on the mobo.) So i had an extra power supply and it is up and running. I think the power supply cable gets hot and pliable and works loose and can cause a number of problems, mine had shorted or overloaded the power supply and blew. If they are loose they can get really hot and mess stuff up by not having a sufficient enough supply. Its purring now and I found a good quality power cord that fit snug.

I had the same problem. It can be 3 Things !!!

1 = POWER SUPPLY ( Look on You Tube how to Identify this one. )

2 = APU Not Seated Properly. ( Send it in for Repairs or get a new one BAD LUCK - THANKS SONY !! )

3 = Full off Dust and overheating. )

Mine was No 3 !!!

Took off covers. Pulled out Hard Drive and Power Supply. Took it in to work and Blew all the $@$* out

of the PSU and Fans and Heat Sink. ( WAS REALLY DUSTY. )

Put it back together and worked fine ever since.

May not be the answer to all the problems but this helped mine. PS... KEEP IT CLEAN !!!. )

HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT !!!!!

My God! Maybe you people (kids?), should turn your consoles off and come back to reality for a while. Pick up a book and read, do a crossword puzzle, do your schoolwork etc. I have never in my life seen such horrible grammar and atrocious spelling.

I'm not saying this to be mean it's just a fact. Put your controllers down and go outside. Take a walk, read a book. Please! I doubt Ricardo will be eternally grateful but who cares.

I have something like the problem. My PS4 wont turn on I did what everyone said and it still doesn't work. I opened it up to have a look what the problem was and didn't see anything wrong with it... IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!

Ricardo will be eternally grateful.