Repair guides and support for the Toshiba Satellite P850/P855 laptop series.

Power button flashes but won't turn on.

The power button flashes five time when pushed, then nothing. Removed battery, unplugged left overnight and retried;same results. Worked fine two days ago.

Yes that works. But that a pain in the arse... as some of these tos s-h-i-t ba have the battery built in, and have to remove the cover to get to the battery.

Not going to buy another one of those crap again.

This link describes how to "decode" the light flashes from timed pulses to a hex format which will then indicate what the problem is and whether it is in the power adapter, the battery or the system board. Scroll down the page to the section headed by DC IN LED. Hopefully this will help you to isolate the problem.

https://www.technibble.com/forums/thread...

good morning house. my tosiba portege z835-p330 laptop only blink yellow light but will not start up at all. has anyone experience something like that here please?

Mine did the same not long after I bought it second hand, it turned out the charger I got with it broke not long after. I found a spare toshiba charger in my Office with the same voltage and plug and it charged and booted up fine. The reason it was flashing was due to "low battery", which makes sense.

Yes, I have the same problem. I have a Toshiba Portege Z30, and and Tecra Z40, both had the same problem from time to time . The battery/power LED contineously flash a few time, pause over and over, does not respond to anything, power button, plug in power supply or anything.

The only solution I found is disconnect the battery and reconnect, that fixes it for a few months and it happens all over again.

The trouble with that is, the battery is inbuilt. It’s a bit of a mission to disconnect the battery. You need to unscrew the bottom cover to get to the battery. This has been a pain in the arse… Never buying any Tos $@$* ba again.

skipboyd will be eternally grateful.