The Acer Aspire One model D225E is a 10.1-inch netbook that features an ultra-thin and lightweight design with a powerful battery making it ideal for everyday computing on the go. Also known as Acer Aspire One D255E-13639.

I'm at a complete loss here...

I dropped the netbook, and it gave me the error of no hard drive found. I had a "friend" work on it and he returned it to me and said, "all you have to do is call the number there to activate it." I called and they said windows xp was not supported. I am guessing he replaced the entire hard drive with something I cannot use?? I am not very bright as far as computers, obviously. So, please help me. You will have to do so in very remedial terms... Please......

@danac, not sure who told you it was not supported. Anyhow, mine came with Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system installed. Couple of issues here. First you will need to get Windows 7. Second you will have to install it. Not sure where you are located so I cannot help you with the where to buy it. Then you either need a USB CD drive to install Windows from a CD or you can install it from a USB. Here are some good instructions. It really is not very complicated; tedious yes.

Thank you so much!!! It came with windows 7 starter, but when I dropped it, and it wouldn't work, he replaced it with xp. Then, when I tried to activate it, they told me it wasn't supported. Thanks so much for your help!!

You are welcome and all the best to you. BTW welcome to ifixit...

Dana Cook will be eternally grateful.