IS it ok to use a lower amperage charger?

My IPhone came with a 1 amp charger. Is it ok if i use a lower amperage like .5 A or .75 amp?

Yes, it's OK, however it will charge slower.

That is what I was thinking, but was needing someone else's opinion.

Thank you. This info has helped me.

yes of course but it will certainly charge slower. sure an iPad charger is 2.1A and you can use that to charge your phone but i don't advise you use that as your every day charger.

No. All Apple chargers have built in voltage protection logic. And all Apple chargers are 1a or 2a. So by definition, you're intending to use a non-Apple charger This is a bad idea. Without the built in voltage protection, the phone will be susceptible to damage of the charging logic ic chips with use of an unprotected charger setup. This is a really bad idea.

Hi @jessabethany . Am I correct in saying that it's more so the use of a non genuine cable that's the issue

The cheap cables can damage your device more so from my understanding. Therefore a genuine cable in this plug mentioned would be fine I would have thought , but if using a cheap cable then that's where the damage can be caused .

Am I wrong? While your on @jessabethany , can you verify the purpose of the chip inside the genuine cables . Is it more than a verification and also protects from overcharging etc which is what I am always led to believe

Darren will be eternally grateful.