Why can't I unscrew the screws inside my phone.

I am needing to replace the battery (i think) of my 5s after it was soaked in water. none of the interior screws will unscrew, even though I've used a PH00 and a PH000. Any idea why this is happening?

I use a PH000 and work on iPhones every day. Are your screws covered in Corrosion? Was there a particular screw you were having trouble with?

Thank you for answering my question. there is no visible corrosion on the screw. i got a different screwdriver and found that I really needed to put a lot of pressure on the screw to let it grip the screwdriver. i was finally able to get them out.

Most Helpful Answer

Get another PH #00 screwdriver. Take the iPhone to the hardware store so you can make sure the screws fit the screwdriver perfectly. Even 99c store screwdriver kits will work. Take iPhone there also, to be certain you get perfect fit so you don't have any more hassle then you have experienced already.

Thanks for answering my question. I got a new screwdriver. what i found is that i needed to put a lot of pressure on the screwdriver to get a grip on the screw. they came out, finally!

regina bruno will be eternally grateful.