A smartphone in the Ascend series by Huawei, released October 2014.

Contacts application has stopped working.

When I press contacts the page is completely blank. I had been earlier using it so what could be the problem?

I have restarted the phone and even tried forced reboot.

Im having the same problem with my g7. Messaging thread completely blank and contact list completely blank.

I faced this problem thrice. I stopped 'contact' app from running apps and restarted. Problem solves every time.

Please could you explain the process?

manage apps - running apps - calendar

hi there,

I had the same problem and discover that, it was because of I have many accounts, so all of them was Syn.

I found that my contact list becomes more that 5000 contact even if I merge them so I delated the duplicated contacts from the phone manual and it worked normal

hi Brother from Pakistan

Thank you bhai you give solution and my problem has solved now

Thank you yaar

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

Solution is very simple...

Remove all entrys in your call log / call register / call history...

that's all...

Clear the call log. (From call history hit options and select clear call log). Solved the problem for me.

I have the same problem while it was ok with me for 8 months with cloud also , too bad

I have the same issue with my Huawei Ascend G7. I went to their service centre and what they told me is that "there is an issue with google play services latest update" and this bug won't fix until huawei launches an update of their version. That means we will have to wait and can't do anything long term to solve this issue.

For the time being the only solution is to turn off the auto sync and hope this problem doesn't appear. I reset my phone 5-6 times and did fresh software installation several times without any luck. Contact list and Messaging and recent call log goes blank every now and then and to be honest, I am starting to hate my mobile phone, since I'm not able to call/text anyone from my contact list. Have to manually dial or input everything.

I have the same issue whith my Ascend G7 :(

same situation

download contacts vcf APP through Play Store and export contacts file.Problem will be solved,Insha ALLAH.

just try this way

had the same problem and discover that, it was because of I have many accounts, so all of them was Syn.

I went through same issue--and after trying myself to "fix" it to no avail--I took it to the servicer--which after an hours or so--simply responded: This is "normal" because your Contacts are syncing with Google--the phone should go back to normal soon. I think--the next day it did. However--that was about two full days without contacts! That is not acceptable! Definitely poor programming and poor response to customer's complains. Still have no idea when real fix will be available....

I fixed it by clearing cache (not data) in app manager for: contacts, Google contact synch and Google play then reset phone.

Actually it worked for short while then stopped again

Finally fixed it with a full reset

I am facing same problem with Huawei P7. The issue is randomly appears after some days and all of sudden start working by hit and try method. Very bad product support and services by Huawei.

Nadeem Abbasi

I had the same problem with my Huawei Asscend G7. That happend to me about month and a half ago and as I didn't know what to do, I restarted my phone to the factory settings. That solved an issue, although I lost all my messages, my Viber messages and photos I got from Viber. Everything was fine until today when I found this conversation. I cleaned up catch as paulwelford1 said and now is working, but will see for how long.

This is a very bad issue for this phone, as everything else works fine.

i have a same problem when i install wattsapp

you must high speed internet. closed contect and go to setting-account-google, sync it all and keep it some time, then open contact again if you see contact show , you go to home-tool folder- backup your phone(don't close you contact). wait until finish. after finish you go to setting-reset your phone (don't tick earas data). than restore from your last back up but decline all google service when it asking. after go setting-account if have google remove it.

Hi There,

I had a similar problem. It take very long to open and sometimes it doesn't even open.

Solution

Go to settings -> Manage apps -> Go to 'contacts -> disable -> Go to 'Contacts Storage' -> disable.

Go out close all apps.

Then Go to settings -> Manage apps -> Go to 'contacts -> enable -> Go to 'Contacts Storage' -> enable.

Go out. Go into contacts. Make sure you select one account or a different account to save the contacts. Start saving and see how it goes.

Regards

Theuns

Just an FYI---I am able to use my phone by dialing or texting with voice commands. I am quite close to throw this darn phone away a get a Samsung. Almost a year waiting for a "fix" and still not here yet.

Best workaround I found was to install exDialer from play store. It saved me!

I have had this happen to me on about 4 occasions now.

It is definitely related to the syncing of contacts.

The only thing that got my phone working for me immediately was as follows:-

Go to settings, accounts,

Check on each account and see which is syncing. Go to the Sync contacts switch and turn off. Cancel the sync.

Restart the phone and normal performance should resume.

If you do want to sync the contacts in question, I guess just turn that setting back on last thing at night and hopefully will be synced by the time you get up ! :)

samwel juma will be eternally grateful.