A 10.1" Android Internet tablet released in 2014 by NuVision. Its key features include 1280 x 800 Display, WiFi, Bluetooth®, micro USB, mini HD, headphone jack and two cameras.

Why won't my tablet connect to wi-fi?

I am in 'Settings'. Wi-fi bar says 'off'. I can not slide it to on. However, the lg. screen to right of 'wireless & networks' list has a little bar in the middle that says 'Turning Wi-Fi on...' What can I do to get wi-fi on my tablet?

Most Helpful Answer

Has the Wifi worked before? If not, see below regarding warranty and customer support. If so, maybe you could try a factory reset and see if this solves your problem. Be sure to back up your data before you do a factory reset as it will erase all your downloaded apps and user data and restore your tablet to factory default condition. Also be sure to fully charge the battery before you reset as well.

The online user manual doesn't give too much detailed information, but usually if you go to the Main menu, then select Settings, then scroll down to Backup and Reset, tap to enter, then select whichever option you want, back up or factory reset and follow the prompts. If this does not resolve your problem, see below regarding warranty and customer support.

Alternatively, you could contact NuVision customer service and ask if they can advise you what can be done to fix your problem. You should check your warranty details and if still valid bear that in mind if you contact NuVision.

Here are their contact details

Customer Service

Email support cs@nuvision.com

(800) 890-1288 8:30am - 5:00pm PST Mon-Fri

(866) 490-9945 8:30am - 5:00pm PST Mon-Fri in Spanish

I have the same problem with my NuVision Tablet. Customer Service has not given me a way to fix this....no help with them. Now it's rendered useless, so I chucked it into a drawer. A year and a half usage and now nothing. Not a happy camper. I've tried everything I have found on the internet concerning this problem, but nothing has worked. I have factory reset twice, first time after factory reset the tablet connected to WiFi for two weeks, then the problem started again, did a factory reset again. Now it won't connect at all!!!

my nuvision tablet finds every other wifi in the neighborhood except the ones in my house. I input the SSID from the router and the password and it still won't read the signal. Every other pc, laptopm and tablet works fine. Nuvision=POS

Hi Mark,

1. Is your router's SSID 'visble' on your other devices?

If not temporarily enable SSID to be seen in the router and then see if the tablet detects it and then try connecting to it.

If it is visible already then try installing a WiFi analyzer app in the tablet to see if it detects the WiFi channel that your router is using. Also if it shows that a lot of other networks are using the same channel, change the channel in the router to a 'quieter' one and then see if the tablet can pick it up. Haven't used this one myself so hopefully it also shows the signal level (in -dBm) as well. If it does remember that it is -ve values. The higher the number the lower the level.

I had the same problem and did the latest windows version (1703) and I am not able to even find drivers for the device. I have downloaded the exact wireless drivers for my device the company's website but complains of compatibility.

I need help.

thank you

Joyce Tessman will be eternally grateful.