Onscreen keyboard won't disappear after use.

After using the onscreen keyboard it frequently stays up and there doesn't seem to be an y way of making it disappear except by quitting the page I'm on. And I can't find anything in the manual to fix it.

To add to this, I did find that tapping on a different area of the page I'm on will usually make it disappear. But in one app at least - Words with friends - only changing the orientation will do it, and not always then.

I don't understand why there is not a button for disappearing the keyboard, as there is in the iPad.

Does it happen in every app that uses a keyboard, or only one? If only one which one?

When you finish typing what you want tap the return key on the onscreen keyboard, the keyboard should disappear from the screen

Here is a picture of of just one place it might be. It can depend on the app. In this instance it is the return arrow key right most key, 3rd row down. In other apps it may also be known as enter, go, search, magnifying glass symbol or even a smiley face it depends on the app. Its' location also varies, sometimes it is on the bottom row, or even the second row up from the bottom. Invariably though it is always on the right hand side of the keyboard and mostly the key size is double the size of the letter keys.

Thanks, but not on the Samsung keyboard. It is not consistent , sometimes tapping outside the keyboard works, at others tapping an arrow at the bottom. In one app only changing the orientation does it. Don'the know why they can'take just make a button!

Have you checked the keyboard settings for the tab. here is a link.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-79...

To answer you, jayeff, it is the same in every app, and the problem is the lack of a button to tap to make it disappear.

Agreed....it needs a "disappear" arrow.

I have since found that tapping the back arrow beside the screen makes it go away. Pity there's nothing in the manual to tell us this!

I hit the < arrow on my on screen keyboard to make it go away.

aravis1carolyn will be eternally grateful.