The Nikon Coolpix L810 is an affordable compact digital camera that offers point-and-shoot capabilities, long-range zoom and video. It is part of Nikon’s L-series and was released in early 2012.

lens stuck out but won't turn on

hi. I own a Nikon coolpix l810, and I accidentally turned it on before I removed the lens cap. I took off the lens cap and the lens extended, but nothing showed up on the screen. I hit the power button again but nothing happened, except for the green ring lit up around the power button as if the camera was going to turn on. the lens is stuck out and there is no activity on the screen. I tried taking out the batteries and the SIM card, and still nothing. what is wrong with my camera?

Hi Miranda,

I also have the same camera and almost the same problem.It's just that my camera's zoom got stuck in middle when I was switching it off.

And now neither the camers is switching on nor the zoom is going inside.I tried changing batteries also but all in vein.

Tell me have you got the problem resolved.If yes then PLEASE share how,I would be grateful.

Thanx ;-)

I have this problem too. I have tried everything I can think of.

Exact same camera and exact same issue! Really don't want to have to soend alot of money to get it fixed as I have none! Any ways I could fix it without cost?

Leah May did you check the links in the answer?

miranda, sounds like the stuck lens is preventing your camera from functioning properly. Could be a bad lens motor or numerous other reasons. check on here for some repair ideas. Most likely you will have to replace the lens.

miranda will be eternally grateful.