The iOpener is an insulated, heat-retaining bag that can be heated in a microwave and used to transfer heat to the adhesive along the edge of an iPad or similar device.

What is best microwave setting/power to heat it up?

Just bought my first iOpener tool and made a mistake of putting it to microwave in too high setting and broke mine. How many watts do you normally choose not to over heat the silicon in the 30 second time?

Return it as it has a lifetime warranty. Microwaves have very different power outputs. Your appears to be a strong one. I'd use a infrared heat gun to monitor the temp and start a couple of levels lower. These can be bought very cheaply now. It's also one of my favorite kitchen tools that I use everyday. I'm giving away three this Christmas as stocking stuffers. They can be had for about $10-25 sans battery. iFixit has one with a lifetime warranty here: IR Thermometer

My original Fluke that I've used for 5 years was a Fluke at over $250: http://www.tequipment.net/Fluke561.html?...

IR Thermometer Image

Product

IR Thermometer

$19.95

Thanks for the answer, already was using one while working with iOpener but without knowing when the plastic fails it was helpful only in a aspect of not breaking the LCD. But now i'll be wiser about it.

dark will be eternally grateful.