The first generation Honda CRV, produced from 1995 to 2001.

Why my reverse (backlight) won't work?

When putting my 1999 Honda CRV in reverse no (R) display light on dash and rear lights don't work. I changed rear bulbs still don't work!

Kevin, is it standard or automatic?

It's automatic!

There is a switch on the column if its an automatic that you may need to change to get it to work again If its a standard then its a little more involved. You need to go under the vehicle and find the shift linkage and then look for the switch there. Hope this helps

Where is the switch at, and how do I get to the switch on the column?

The switch for your Honda is on the transmission housing, nowhere near the column.

Kevin start off by checking the under dash fuse relay box fuse #19. Make sure it is still intact. After that you want to check the Back-Up light switch, which is located on the transmission housing. Disconnect the connectors from the switch. Use a multimeter and check for continuity between contact 1 and contact 2. there should only be continuity between those points when your gear selector is in "R". If it is not, replace it.

I haven't change the part yet, maybe you could send a picture of this part on a CRV so I will know its location! Thanks

Kevin will be eternally grateful.