Announced in March 2015 and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 Edge is the curved-screen version of Samsung's newest flagship smartphone.

"Battery Temperature too low" when charging after water damage

Hello, my Galaxy S6 Edge shows "Battery temperature too low" when trying to charge, doesn't matter if USB or inductive. It had contact with water so I think this might be the reason. I checked the temperature with an app and it always shows -20°C. Does somebody know what to do? I have already repaired some other phones but mostly just Display replacement or something like that. Do you think changing the battery would help? I also read that there's a temperature sensor but I can't find any replacement parts for that one.. Thanks in advance.

Might want to clean it with 90 proof isopropyl alcohol and a q tip

Does this alwas work if it's just a water damage? For example, if the phones falls into water, and a month later I clean it with isopropyl alcohol?

Well, there aren't any guarantees, when you mix water and electronics. However. Cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and possibly might have to replace a part or two. Should fix the problem

how? what are you supposed to clean? If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the afaik sensor or whatever is in the battery itself

I changed my usb Port and Battery, After that it wont charge, because Battery is Too cold. I tried 3 different batteries and usb ports. What should i clean ? The 2 cables which connect the usbport with tue Mainboard? Need help!

Ppalfinger there are no guarantees when mixing water with electronics. Eins Albert check your battery with a multimeter. Sounds like you're not getting any answers due to a battery problem. It would be nice if you had a known good one for testing

Put your phone in hard processes and after that when your phone is hot test it again ,if it didn't worked you must replace your battery because water is damaged it :(

Arad_SB

This has happened to mine on 2 occasions now. Last time it just started charging again after a couple of weeks this time I tried placing it on top of (not in!!!) my tumble dryer whilst it was switched on so it was warm for about 10 minutes and it seems to have done the trick as it wouldn't charge at all before and now it's working fine.

Replace the charging module. Worked for me.

ppalfinger will be eternally grateful.