Announced in March 2015 and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 Edge is the curved-screen version of Samsung's newest flagship smartphone.

"Battery Temperature too low" when charging after water damage

Hello, my Galaxy S6 Edge shows "Battery temperature too low" when trying to charge, doesn't matter if USB or inductive. It had contact with water so I think this might be the reason. I checked the temperature with an app and it always shows -20°C. Does somebody know what to do? I have already repaired some other phones but mostly just Display replacement or something like that. Do you think changing the battery would help? I also read that there's a temperature sensor but I can't find any replacement parts for that one.. Thanks in advance.

Might want to clean it with 90 proof isopropyl alcohol and a q tip

Does this alwas work if it's just a water damage? For example, if the phones falls into water, and a month later I clean it with isopropyl alcohol?

Well, there aren't any guarantees, when you mix water and electronics. However. Cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and possibly might have to replace a part or two. Should fix the problem

how? what are you supposed to clean? If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the afaik sensor or whatever is in the battery itself

Put your phone in hard processes and after that when your phone is hot test it again ,if it didn't worked you must replace your battery because water is damaged it :(

Arad_SB

I recently dropped my Samsung galaxy J2 prime down the toilet whike I was out and I left it in rice over night it kinda works bt when I connect the charger it's say charging paused and battery temperature is too low to any charge. Any advice on how to.fix this I have only had the phone for a month

I have accidently dropped my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge down the toilet. It keeps pausing the charge when ever i put my phone on charge. It also keeps saying that thw battery is too low to charge? Does anyone know what i should do?

- Ethan

My battery was decharging very quick and my usb port could not connect to the computer anymore, so i changed both of them... i turned the phone with the new battery and usb port on, it had 53% factory charge, but the battery was decharging very fast, in 5 min to 0%. as i wanted to charge the phone the message with : temperature too low occured. I unplugged everything, battery and usb port, and put it back together. the phone then had 53% and it went down to 0 agai nvery wuick, also i coiuld not charge because of : temperature too low. i unplugged everything the third time and the battery then had 52% but it went down again very fast and i could also not charge it... somebody knwos what to do?

This has happened to mine on 2 occasions now. Last time it just started charging again after a couple of weeks this time I tried placing it on top of (not in!!!) my tumble dryer whilst it was switched on so it was warm for about 10 minutes and it seems to have done the trick as it wouldn't charge at all before and now it's working fine.

ppalfinger will be eternally grateful.