Need to restore iPhone but iTunes backup password forgotten

I need to restore my iPhone 6S with iTunes. The backup file was encrypted so I tried a few password sets commonly used by myself. However, none of them was correct. For my case, is it possible recover my iPhone with that password-locked iTunes backup file?

thanks

IPhone 5 needs unblocking,the password being enfrypted. A solution please.

Is the iTunes backup password the same your Apple ID password? If you forgot Apple ID password, you can recover Apple ID password via Email Address or Security Questions

1. Open your brows and navigate the webpage to https://iforgot.apple.com/.

2. Input your Apple ID that contains an registered email address which is associated with your Apple or iCloud account.

3. Finish the CAPTCHA characters verification, tap "Continue".

For more info, you can refer to: https://www.cfone.net/what-if-i-forgot-a...

Just Install PasswordArmor and you wont have to worry about managing all of your passwords again..Here's the link

https://www.passwordarmor.com/apple-iclo...

do you konw iseepassowrd itunes password recovery? it's a hot software which can recover itunes backu password with in hours.. I found my password with it.

source: https://www.iseepassword.com/forgot-itun...

You can’t restore an encrypted backup without its password. With iOS 11 or later, you can make a new encrypted backup of your device by resetting the password. Here’s what to do:

On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset.

Tap Reset All Settings and enter your iOS passcode.

Follow the steps to reset your settings. This won't affect your user data or passwords, but it will reset settings like display brightness, Home screen layout, and wallpaper. It also removes your encrypted backup password.

Connect your device to iTunes again and create a new encrypted backup.

You won't be able to use previous encrypted backups, but you can back up your current data using iTunes and setting a new backup password.

If you have a device with iOS 10 or earlier, you can't reset the password. In this case, try the following:

If someone else set up your device, ask them for the password.

Use an iCloud backup instead of iTunes. If you don't have an iCloud backup, you can make one.

Try using an older iTunes backup.

the backup files is password -protected, you have to enter the correct password, or crack your password by some software. like iSeePassword iTunes backup password recovery tool, it's not free but works.

Did you use this before? Usually, my password is kind of simple, i am sure about it. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, i will check it out.

I uninstalled the software, reinstalled it and in 2 hours 15 minutes I retrieved my password, thanks for much!

I've been trying for about three hours no. I have no progress. Did you have any hint as to what your password may be? ( I mean numbers/words/special characters)

i hv lose my aplle id u hv any solution ????

How much do they bite you for this?

I had the same problem. Tried everything that I could think of in 3 hours. Finally one pass word comes in mine, i tried my luck and it really work: the first password that I set to lock my phone the first time I started to use that iPhone. It was 3 years ago and I changed a lot of different passwords after it, but the iTunes only recognises your phone by the first password that u set with it. Hope it helps!

happened to me as well, after writing down all the possible password combinations, the one that worked for me was the first iTunes account's pass I ever had...pretty weird, I never encrypt those backups and suddenly when swapping phones this afternoon, somehow my backup got encrypted, but now is ok.

_\m/

Happened to me as well, tried everything. after reading this comment I realized that the password options for iPhone Gen changed over from 4 to 6.

yes. you saved my life. this works. just try to remember the first password you ever set on your ipgone

No unless you figure out the password. The backup file is not "password-locked", it is actually fully encrypted, you can't beat encryption.

yeah, i knew it. i am still working on how to get the password back. thank u

I also faced the problem forgot iTunes backup password for iPhone 6. But fortunately I find forgotten iTunes backup password out at last with a third-party iTunes backup password recovery tool, iSunshare iTunes Password Genius. It is recommended by my best friend. So I tried it, and unbelievably it really helped me and fast recovered iTunes backup password.

In the process, I find the as long as you find the password to open file Manifest.plist, you can restore your iPhone from iTunes backup successfully. Therefore, no matter your iTunes backup is saved on Mac or Windows computer, you can copy the Manifest.plist to Windows computer, and run iTunes Password Genius to recover iTunes backup forgotten password in few seconds.

Nothing needed to be worried about, especially password recovery efficiency and backup safety.

Just get the iTunes backup password recovery tool and learn how to use it. http://www.isunshare.com/itunes-password...

Note: Besides iTunes backup, actually you also could restore your iPhone 6S from iCloud backup. Or restore iPhone data with iOS Data Genius, which also provides two ways to restore data, iOS devices and iTunes backup. If you choose iTunes backup, you would also need iTunes backup password recovered with iTunes Password Genius.

Same here I forget iTunes pw and I try isunshare.. it run over 50 days 24/24 per day but no successful . Finally I give up

Looking for a way to restore iPhone but iTunes backup password forgotten?You can Restore encrypted iPhone backup with iPhone data recovery, retrieve lost iPhone data by extracting encrypted iPhone/iTunes backup.

Read More: How to Restore Encrypted iPhone from iTunes Backup

You can try the iPhone data Extractor to recover everything from your encrypted iTunes backup files.

Read more: How to Extract iPhone Data from iTunes Backup

Hey I was having the same problem and I put in the original password that I had used for my iTunes account and it worked. Maybe it can work for you too!

There is also another tool (UUkeys iTunes backup unlocker) which can help you unlock iTunes backup file, most users used it to recover their forgotten password.

Hello! If your password is not too strong, you can try to recover it using the iTunes Password Refixer utility.

You can reset it if you forgot iTunes password which is also known as Apple ID password. There are several solutions to reset password: via iforgot.apple.com or iCloud resetting. Optionally, you don't have to use iTunes backup. Just try other backup solutions. However, since iTunes and iCloud share the same password, the way of restoring via iCloud does not work either. But with the help of an iOS data recovery app, you can restore WhatsApp messages, contacts, music, photos, videos, notes, calendars and more from the iPhone without using backup.

Try several times if you can. If not, you can use some password recovery software, search on Google.

Just Install PasswordArmor and you won't have to worry about managing all of your paswords again

Driver Armor comes with an easy to use interface, so no technical knowledge is required to run this software. When it complete scan shows the list of outdated drivers. It also shows the hardware information and the installed program list.

zenbiad will be eternally grateful.