Need to restore iPhone but iTunes backup password forgotten

I need to restore my iPhone 6S with iTunes. The backup file was encrypted so I tried a few password sets commonly used by myself. However, none of them was correct. For my case, is it possible recover my iPhone with that password-locked iTunes backup file?

thanks

IPhone 5 needs unblocking,the password being enfrypted. A solution please.

the backup files is password -protected, you have to enter the correct password, or crack your password by some software. like iSeePassword iTunes backup password recovery tool, it's not free but works.

Did you use this before? Usually, my password is kind of simple, i am sure about it. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, i will check it out.

I uninstalled the software, reinstalled it and in 2 hours 15 minutes I retrieved my password, thanks for much!

I've been trying for about three hours no. I have no progress. Did you have any hint as to what your password may be? ( I mean numbers/words/special characters)

i hv lose my aplle id u hv any solution ????

How much do they bite you for this?

No unless you figure out the password. The backup file is not "password-locked", it is actually fully encrypted, you can't beat encryption.

yeah, i knew it. i am still working on how to get the password back. thank u

I had the same problem. Tried everything that I could think of in 3 hours. Finally one pass word comes in mine, i tried my luck and it really work: the first password that I set to lock my phone the first time I started to use that iPhone. It was 3 years ago and I changed a lot of different passwords after it, but the iTunes only recognises your phone by the first password that u set with it. Hope it helps!

happened to me as well, after writing down all the possible password combinations, the one that worked for me was the first iTunes account's pass I ever had...pretty weird, I never encrypt those backups and suddenly when swapping phones this afternoon, somehow my backup got encrypted, but now is ok.

_\m/

I also faced the problem forgot iTunes backup password for iPhone 6. But fortunately I find forgotten iTunes backup password out at last with a third-party iTunes backup password recovery tool, iSunshare iTunes Password Genius. It is recommended by my best friend. So I tried it, and unbelievably it really helped me and fast recovered iTunes backup password.

In the process, I find the as long as you find the password to open file Manifest.plist, you can restore your iPhone from iTunes backup successfully. Therefore, no matter your iTunes backup is saved on Mac or Windows computer, you can copy the Manifest.plist to Windows computer, and run iTunes Password Genius to recover iTunes backup forgotten password in few seconds.

Nothing needed to be worried about, especially password recovery efficiency and backup safety.

Just get the iTunes backup password recovery tool and learn how to use it. http://www.isunshare.com/itunes-password...

Note: Besides iTunes backup, actually you also could restore your iPhone 6S from iCloud backup. Or restore iPhone data with iOS Data Genius, which also provides two ways to restore data, iOS devices and iTunes backup. If you choose iTunes backup, you would also need iTunes backup password recovered with iTunes Password Genius.

Hey I was having the same problem and I put in the original password that I had used for my iTunes account and it worked. Maybe it can work for you too!

There is also another tool (UUkeys iTunes backup unlocker) which can help you unlock iTunes backup file, most users used it to recover their forgotten password.

Hello! If your password is not too strong, you can try to recover it using the iTunes Password Refixer utility.

You can reset it if you forgot iTunes password which is also known as Apple ID password. There are several solutions to reset password: via iforgot.apple.com or iCloud resetting. Optionally, you don't have to use iTunes backup. Just try other backup solutions. However, since iTunes and iCloud share the same password, the way of restoring via iCloud does not work either. But with the help of an iOS data recovery app, you can restore WhatsApp messages, contacts, music, photos, videos, notes, calendars and more from the iPhone without using backup.

zenbiad will be eternally grateful.