Why isn't my touch screen working?

I just installed a display assembly on my iPhone 5s. The scene is working but I cannot do anything because the touch on the screen is not working, so I can't swipe. I can't even power down the phone without the touch working.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Hi there, Check the connectors are seated correctly. If that doesn't work i would say the screen is faulty and you may need to buy a new one.

After checking the connectors do a soft reset by pressing the home button, then the power button and hold both buttons until the apple icon comes on. If that doesn't work, put on your old screen just to see if the touch is working, if the old screen touch is working , your new screen is defective.

duby192001 will be eternally grateful.