Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

Is it possible to fix a 3DS if the battery exploded?

I had my 3DS for two years now, then suddenly the back started bulging and when I opened it up, the battery exploded! I took out the battery a week later and decided to buy a new one, but before I bought it, I feel like it did some huge damage on the inside of the 3DS, and I'm worried it won't work anymore, is there a solution to this at all?

SeamusGold64 depends what it all looks like. Post some images of your damage with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that

Thanks for the answers, I bought my battery, found no acid since the battery didn't have any type of damage ( except for getting bigger ) and it works perfectly now. :)

The problem would be if acid got in there and damaged electronics. If you don't have another battery available to try or you're worried there might be long-term damage you'll have to disassemble the 3DS and inspect the components for signs of acid damage - discolouration of the board or circuit tracks/landings, white "fuzz" on aluminum, or solder joints that have separated.

Lithium reacts intensely with water, forming lithium hydroxide and highly flammable hydrogen. The colourless solution is highly alkalic Highly corrosive? yes. Acidic? no.

Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/water/l...

It is a Possibility, you might have to get it refurbish,ed which would be really uncommon, for a battery to explode, but until, keep your hopes up.

SeamusGold64 will be eternally grateful.