Home button drains battery

I changed battery and home button on my 5s.Battery works well but, but I realesed that home button cause battery drain. because when I removed the connection of home button flex cable from logic board, exessive battery cunsumtion stopped. I tried a few home button all of the them caused battery drain. This means that there is another problem.

Could you please help me. Any idea about what may cause like this problem?

Hi there,

Maybe try a new battery or a different home button. This way you can determine what is causing the problem, Are the parts original parts? or aftermarket?

I tried but nothing solved.

Hi

I'm facing exactly the same issue with my Iphone 5S. I also tried to change the home button but I still have the issue.

Did you succeed to fix your phone?

Nothing solved the problem. The only think left, but I can not

try, Because my iphone is not jailbreaked. If so, I would try to

delete the dameon named "com.apple.biometrickitd.plist".

This daemon responsible for performing the touch id scan on the home button.

I think, when the sensor stops, the battery drain may be stops.

If your device is jailbreaked, could you please try this

and write me your results.

Sincerely,

Thanks for your answer. I'm no longer using that phone. The battery life was so short I had to switch to another phone.

9.3.3 jailbreak issued last week. I had a chance to try deleting the dameon named "com.apple.biometrickitd.plist" via ifile tweak after jailbreak. Bingo!!!!

Battery drain stopped. This stopped touch id sensor working continiously at the background.

I'm facing the same issue.

I tried with a new home button but the battery still drains.

When i remove the cable the battery stops draining.

All connectors seems to be in a good state and the flex cable seems to be good too.

Did somebody found a solution ?

Thanks.

I have a iphone 5s which drains battery oven night although it's not even activated. I have changed battery three times and always the same. Would it charge if U2 ic was broken? 'Cause it charges but drains in hours. No software can do it 'cause it's not activated. What can be wrong?

What exactly did you do? I jailbroke two phones with this problem and deleted that .plist file from /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ but the battery drain issue has not changed. (The battery drain issue disappears on both if the (replacement) home buttons are disconnected).

any luck on this?

Update: I bought and fitted another new replacement home button (no touch sensor inside) and this stopped the battery drain on the phone which had the plist edit applied.

Hey Scripter, what iOS were you running on the phones, my 5s has 10.2 so I'm not sure if I can jailbreak and do the plist edit, what do you think?

So does anyone have an actual solution for this home button drain?

nobody has a idea ??

Cetin will be eternally grateful.