iPhone 5 Lock Button working intermittently after repair

My volume down button wasn't working, so replaced the flex last night which fixed the problem. (HURRAH!)

However this has brought on another issue, the power/lock button.

It works once, then nothing. Leave it for 5 minutes and it works once again, then nothing.

I have bought another flex so that I can do the repair again but it seems odd that it works if left for a few minutes.

I have tried restarting, restoring and power cycling the phone but still the problem remains.

The button was working fine before the fix (if you can call it that!)

Any help or advice would be great.

Got the new flex today. Solved the issue. I imagine I must have twisted it awkwardly when getting the hinge in for the power button, which damaged the flex. You live and learn!

Most Helpful Answer

Try cleaning the contacts with 90 proof isopropyl alcohol. If that doesn't take. Then it's just a damaged flex cable, with intermittent connectivity

Probably

Andy will be eternally grateful.