iPhone 5s U2 IC problem?

Hello

I think my phone has a broken U2 IC, When I plug the phone into the power outlet it shows that needs a charger.

When I connect it to my pc nothing happens, not even a connection sound.

Is this normal for a broken U2 IC?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, that's typical for a blown U2. But it's also typical of a dirty dock/lightning connector or a faulty dock connector flex. So first clean the dock connector with an alcohol wipe or similar, and if that doesn't work try a new flex. Replacing the U2 IC is beyond most people's abilities - it may look simple in Youtube videos but it takes a fair bit of skill and experience.

Also, as a follow-up, the cause of a blown U2 is almost always a faulty charger or cable. So dump/replace your cables before reconnecting that phone or trying to charge any other phone. Also, if you read around you'll see it's possible to solder in a jumper to bypass the U2 IC. Don't do it - if you have another power supply issue it will be much, much worse for you.

Lukas Guy will be eternally grateful.