iPhone 5s U2 IC problem?

Hello

I think my phone has a broken U2 IC, When I plug the phone into the power outlet it shows that needs a charger.

When I connect it to my pc nothing happens, not even a connection sound.

Is this normal for a broken U2 IC?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, that's typical for a blown U2. But it's also typical of a dirty dock/lightning connector or a faulty dock connector flex. So first clean the dock connector with an alcohol wipe or similar, and if that doesn't work try a new flex. Replacing the U2 IC is beyond most people's abilities - it may look simple in Youtube videos but it takes a fair bit of skill and experience.

Also, as a follow-up, the cause of a blown U2 is almost always a faulty charger or cable. So dump/replace your cables before reconnecting that phone or trying to charge any other phone. Also, if you read around you'll see it's possible to solder in a jumper to bypass the U2 IC. Don't do it - if you have another power supply issue it will be much, much worse for you.

iPhone 5s

- I insert the charger lead when the phone is off, the phone starts up with apple logo and starts charing

- When I insert the charger lead after a restart or reset the phone responds instantly - as it should

- But if I take the lead out and insert back in, the phone does not respond: no beep and no electric charging icon next to battery icon. But if I leave the charger in, it the phone responds after about couple of minutes, and starts charging

- If I take the lead out from the phone wil battery fully charged the battery drains in about an hour or so even when the phone is not being used.

Kindly help!

Lukas Guy will be eternally grateful.