The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Why can't people hear me on facetime, but I can hear them?

So, people can't hear me on Facetime, but i can hear them. But when I have a phone call with someone, they can hear me just fine. Is it something wrong with my Facetime?

i can't here my friend on FaceTime but they can here me the only different is i have an iPad mini

@izzyandherdogs

iPad mini Microphone

Try this video first

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idtsRIn_st...

If that's not the issue here's a video to use with the part I referred

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7jHKevPh...

Also you didn't say which model mini you have, and if it's GSM, cdma, or wifi

iPad mini Microphone Image

Product

iPad mini Microphone

$4.95

Most Helpful Answer

It may be that the microphone is bad. The 5C has two microphones one located at the bottom (used when making regular phone calls) and one up near the earpiece (used for facetime and speakerphone). First try putting the phone on speakerphone when making a call. If people are not able to hear you then you will most likely need to replace the microphone near the earpiece.

That microphone is located on the same flex cable as the front facing camera and proximity sensor.

iPhone 5c Front Camera and Sensor Cable

However, if people are able to hear you while using speakerphone then I would try a factory reset. This can either be done either in the settings menu or by putting your phone into dfu mode and connecting it to a computer with itunes installed. I would recommend the second way as it is a more complete reset which installs a fresh version of the OS as opposed to using the files that already exist on the phone. But either way, be sure to back up your data as it will be wiped during the process.

iPhone - 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 5c / 6 / 6S - How to flash in DFU mode

Good Luck!

iPhone 5c Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image

no this was not help full because i have a iPad mini

Same thing happened to me. I found out that Facetime's audio setting somehow had gotten switched to "Soundflower 2 channel," instead of internal microphone. And this was despite the fact that in system preferences, my sound input was set to internal microphone.

Well i have the same problem and on most of these it is telling me to go to the system preferences but on my iPhone 6s Plus iOS 10 I don't have that option please help!

Maddie Miklovich will be eternally grateful.