The larger of Apple's MacBook Air laptops featuring dual microphones and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity.

Not powering up after liquid spill

The other night, some wine got spilled on my MBA. Unfortunately my wife tried to turn it back on after wiping off the spill and kept it plugged in when it didn't work.

I followed directions I found here on removing and cleaning the inside completely with ip alcohol. I didn't see any sign of corrosion or damage to any of the parts.

After letting everything dry, the MBA still does not power up at all and the mag safe light does not come on at all either when plugged in.

Any idea what I should do next? Could it be a short in the mag safe plug or the io board? I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money replacing parts without knowing the problem.

Thanks for your help!

To help determine the problem in this situation, should the MBA power up without the keyboard/trackpad cable plugged in? Does power up require the SSD to be plugged in?

If the wine entered via the keyboard, it shorted it out and will need to be replaced. If it got through to the logic board, it is usually economically unfeasible to repair. There are lots of guides on tearing it down and heroic rescue attempts, usually resulting in failure. Many will disagree with this. I've repaired many by just replacing the uppercase or keyboard but once it gets to that logic board it becomes a money pit. Open it up and look. If the logic board LSI have been activated, it's toast in my opinion.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping for a miracle. Thanks for your response. -cheers

royjensen99 will be eternally grateful.