Freezer coils freezes and the fan stops working

I have a Samsung side by side refrigerator model # RS2533RS and since a few weeks ago the freezer sides temperature rises up to the 70's I remove everything and the back panel and the coils, fan panel and ducts are frozen, I let them thaw out and the freezer starts working fine for a couple of days and then the same thing happens again. What could it be? Is it something I could do myself?

Yes the fan turns on when the door is closed and turns off when I open it so I guess it could be the defrost heater. This fridge does not have a wiring diagram anywhere I could see

This link might be useful once you find out what is wrong.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search...

This link might, I stress might, be applicable. Not entirely certain, but it might be useful.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/147341/... page 15 has the wiring diagram. Again not certain that this is for your model.

When you've defrosted everything and restarted the fridge/freezer, can you hear the evaporator fan running? It only runs with the doors closed. If you keep your ear to the unit you may be able to hear it stop and start as you open and close the door. Do not confuse the sound with the compressor motor fan which runs when the compressor is running.

If you can't hear it running at all, either the fan is faulty or the fan controller circuit is faulty. If you're quick enough and you can't hear it above other noise and you have the back panel and fan panel off you may be able to see the fan spinning down when you open the door. (Obviously the fridge has to be switched on - see safety notice)

If you can hear it running then possibly the defrost heater may be faulty.

Not sure about your model but on some fridges there is an electrical diagram (usually on the back) which may be of some help - if you can read wiring diagrams that is.

Safety Notice: Unless you know exactly what your doing always work on electrical appliances with the power disconnected and unplugged and even then be aware.

Check if there is a thermal overlimit sensor. Should be in the wiring between power and the defrost heater. If the sensor is bad the defrost will never come on and it will freeze over.

ccora0221 will be eternally grateful.